There are plenty of ways to keep your teeth white, naturally, safely, and effectively. A touch-up is usually required within 6 months or so. So, 1-2 applications of your teeth whitener after 6 months will keep them white.
- Tea, red wine, coffee, and tobacco can stain teeth. Try to avoid these. I’ve drank coffee regularly since I was 11 years old, and it is indeed the best stuff in the world. However, giving it up every so often to make my teeth whiter with a strips system is worth the while.
- Brush your teeth after every meal, or at least twice a day. If you’re eating something that stains teeth easily, brush after those meals too.
- Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables such as carrots, apples, and broccoli. These are naturally abrasive and remove stains from teeth while keeping the enamel free from harm.
- Strawberries have natural enzymes that, when pureed make an excellent teeth cleaner.
- You can brush your teeth with hydrogen peroxide, or lemon juice and salt, or with baking soda. These may not taste good, and you best wash your mouth out very well afterwards, but the results are worth the awful tastes.
Another way is continued usage of a teeth whitener every six months. We suggest that you do this more often if you are a coffee drinker, tobacco user, or have a difficult time remembering when to brush your teeth. For a lot of consumers, one of the easiest things to do is carry a teeth whitening pen with you. Just remember that teeth whitening products do not whiten your teeth permanently. The stainers that you expose your teeth to after applying a whitener will cause your teeth to stain again. If you totally avoid these stainers you can wait up to a year before applying a whitener, otherwise you will need to touch up your teeth on a weekly basis and utilize an entire whitening system every month or other month.